MOT for your vehicle – Only £35.00 with a free retest if needed.
Here at Palmers Garage, we offer an MOT test for only £35, with a free retest if needed on your vehicle. From just £154, we are able to offer a Service and MOT.
The MOT test, a legal requirement on vehicles older than 3 years, covers a wide range of factors to do with your vehicle safety including the condition of your tyres through to seatbelts and wipers. Generally, there are some everyday checks you can do to your vehicle which would increase the chance of it passing, these include:
- Check operation of and for any blown lights
- Check your tyres meet the minimum legal requirement of 1.6mm of tread across 3 parts of the tyre.
- Your wipers are working with washer fluid in the tank
- No broken glass on the vehicle
- The horn works
- The registration plates are in good condition
There are also a wide range of things that should be checked on your vehicle, to which you may not know how to check, including:
- The exhaust system and emissions
- Electrical wiring and battery condition
- General vehicle structure including chassis
- The fuel system
- Steering & suspension
By no means is this the complete list of all possible defects and checks, but when you bring your vehicle into the team at Palmers, we will talk you through every point on your MOT test that needs attention. Our fully authorised DVSA test centre has the facilities to carry out inspections and to undertake any maintenance required for achieving a passing result for your vehicle. We are also able to test vehicles up to 1 month in advance, giving you time to sort out any defects on your vehicle.
Perhaps more surprisingly for drivers, the MOT test does not test the general mechanical condition of your vehicle, including the following:
Booking in your vehicle with full service will ensure that these areas are checked along with checking the condition of the vehicle before the actual MOT test.